7.13.2010

hang some starfish with... a hanger!

I wanted to liven up an empty corner above my refrigerator. And had just the things from my local shell store.   Since these are real and not ceramic starfish they needed a good seal to keep the humidity of cooking from re-hydrating them.  I could have gone with a clear seal, but since I'm going for a modern elegant look I painted them white for more contrast.

Making the hanger was pretty easy!  First, I got a wire hanger and I cut an angle off.  I twisted it and checked for the width of the holders against the starfish.  One more bend on each end, and then some paint to match the starfish and voila!


Bumpy, groovy, tactile art for above the refrigerator...

You may wonder... why do I have stickers on my refrigerator? This fridge came with us from Austria and between the trip and the kids it received a few dents and scratches.. hence the stickers - at least I didn't choose red dots!

3 comments:

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Cool idea!! I have to keep that in mind -I do have a few of those hangers!!

My Owl Barn said...

That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

Veronica Lee said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing this.

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
Have a nice day!